Our Lim family's Chinese names

It's not easy for an English educated Chinese banana like me to remember how to write our kids' Chinese names..(yeah of course I know how to write my own Chinese name). So I've actually prepared a powerpoint slide of all our Chinese names, as above, to help remind me how their names are to be written :p It's funny how we got Ivan's chinese name above... my parents didn't manage to provide chinese names that we like that rhymes with his English name - IVAN. Most of those that my dad shortlisted sounded abit like a girl's name. So one day what I did was to google for a translation website and used this website to translate "Wen" in english to Chinese character. After some browsing through, I've finally selected the above Chinese character to represent "Wen" which also has a very good meaning. It represents "stability, strength, strong foundation" which I find will be very good traits for a little boy. There is a Chinese saying that says a name defines one's destiny...certainly I would love for my little Ivan boy to be the pillar of strength for our family ("Jia" means family). Isaac's chinese name rhymes very well with his english translated name of "Shern" and the Chinese character means "trustworthiness" - him being a trusted big brother for all the other siblings in the Lim family. Amen to that!!..

* The Lim boys * * Our little boys are almost inseparable :) *

*****

Comments

Anonymous said…
wow! interesting topic bout name.

Popular posts from this blog

DIY music studio room at Home47

Our 2nd honeymoon to Turkey 8-17 June 2010