Dad's 60th birthday party on 8th Oct 2011

We celebrated my Dad's 60th birthday party at our abode47 on 8th Oct 2011. Mom invited relatives & dad's close friends only...it was a smallish party with about 50 people but we all had a great time! Dad especially enjoyed being the centre of attention I think...hehe...plus he's surrounded by all his loved ones; wife, kids & all 5 grandsons!!

Catering by Banana Cafe, they did wonders with the simple decor to the buffet line

Some sweet treats for all the kids, in case of emergency...haha!

I made Jake & Cubby costumes for Isaac & Ivan as promised...don't they look cute!

Towards cake-cutting time, we surprised dad & even mom to a 7-min long video of their moments together in the past few decades. Mom as expected welled up tears whilst Dad looked equally gratified by the efforts put in by my brother & me. Some of our relatives had a good laugh seeing themselves in those photos of yesteryears! Well I spotted a few photos of me in really bad hair styles..ouch..those were the days of bad taste :(

Dad & mum watching the video attentively; laughing & trying hard to hold back tears of joys..

My parents' wedding day photo..back in 1973!

The beautiful birthday cake, all my mom's efforts.. Ivan, myself, his cousin sister Isabelle, Cindy Teoh

Ivan with pa-pa

My brother, Kean carrying his 2nd boy, Elisha

My sis-in-law, Rebecca with their youngest son, Asher Au

We also celebrated Isaac's 4th birthday on that day; it was his actual birth date 8th Oct

Me & my funny face...wondering how best to cut this gigantic cake..haha

Our dear cousin, Cy Kuan & his wife Lai San

This is Ah Wan & family - she used to babysit both our boys..till recently

Pa's friends..


*****

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lim family's Chinese names

Our 2nd honeymoon to Turkey 8-17 June 2010

Respect for stay-at-home mothers..