I miss being pregnant :)




Feb 20th : Strange or perhaps might be frightening to some, if they hear this from me “I miss being pregnant” - only 2 weeks after I've given birth to Ivan. I'm probably the few pregnant women who was blessed with an easy pregnancy (yes, Sze Weng and I prayed all throughout my pregnancy for an easy pregnancy & fast delivery. Prayer works all the time!) 




No morning sickness at all, almost zero pregnancy symptoms like food cravings, tiredness etc. In fact, for the past 2 pregnancies, I’ve been immensely blessed with so much energy that I hardly feel tired even though I had to work late or travel in and out of office for meetings or even travel out of the country for business meetings. It’s strange even to know that whilst I was pregnant, I was more alert at work and performed better! 

Perhaps it's the power of TWO! Let me share with you some of the reasons why I enjoyed being pregnant : 

1. I got less worried when I gained weight during those 10 months. For both pregnancies, I only gained 12kg and 10kg respectively. Well, it's not something I would get worried about ‘coz I would lose between 6-8kg immediately after giving birth. Then the remaining 4kg will be lost in the next 2-3 months..! It’s more like the inches gained at the hips, buttocks and waist areas that worried me more (haha!) 

2. Like I mentioned above, I somehow have the Supernatural Strength/Energy of TWO. Almost like to the effect of energy ‘squared’. This I give thanks to God for I often hear of preggers complaining how tired they get throughout their pregnancies. 

3. Though I do not have any food cravings, it’s nice sometimes to be given the privilege to choose what to eat for lunch/dinner – as most people is of the opinion that the preggers might ‘prefer’ to eat something over another and they give in more easily. I enjoy this privilege and would like to give thanks to my beloved loh kung, understanding colleagues and also thoughtful loved ones. 

4. Funnily, when I was pregnant, I often joked that my son has taken half of my ‘memory space’ whenever the situation calls for it. Haha what an easy way out of saying ‘oopps I forgot again’ 

5. Lastly and of course, it’s the miraculously amazing feeling of having a little one growing inside you. The closeness that we both cultivated over the 10 months’ period. I loved spending time lying on the bed and having small talks with my little baby. I love you both, Isaac and Ivan. The question now remains whether I would be able to perform as well as before when I get back to work later…haha! 

Stay tuned if you wanna find out.

*****

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lim family's Chinese names

Our 2nd honeymoon to Turkey 8-17 June 2010

Respect for stay-at-home mothers..